Stuttgart – Mercedes-Benz achieved its most successful year of all time in 2017, increasing its unit sales by 9.9% to 2,289,344 vehicles. The car division’s growth last year was driven in particular by the new E-Class Saloon and Estate and the SUVs. As a result of its success in all three core regions – Europe, Asia-Pacific and NAFTA – Mercedes-Benz was the best-selling premium brand in the automobile industry for the second consecutive year. No other German automobile brand in the premium segment posted as strong growth as the Stuttgart-based company with the three-pointed star in 2017.
Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars: “Last year, Mercedes-Benz Cars delivered more than 2.4 million Mercedes-Benz and smart to customers all over the world. We thus surpassed our prior-year unit sales for the seventh time in succession. With Mercedes-Benz, our core brand, we were the best-selling premium brand once again in 2017. We can be proud of that achievement – and we will build on it."
For Mercedes-Benz, one thing is clear: The customers and their individual needs are at the focus during the entire customer journey. No matter in which form, every contact with Mercedes-Benz should be a special experience for them – a Mercedes moment – whether in the physical or the digital world.
Key highlights include:
- In 2017, Mercedes-Benz sold approximately 2.3 million cars worldwide, increasing its unit sales by 9.9%.
- The car division delivered a total of more than 2.4 million Mercedes-Benz and smart to customers last year.
- 2017 was the seventh consecutive record year for Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- All-time best unit sales in a year were achieved in the three core regions: Europe, Asia-Pacific and NAFTA.
- Market leadership was maintained in major markets Germany and the USA.
- With growth of over 25%, China was the market with the strongest absolute growth and the largest individual market for Mercedes-Benz.
- First-time six-digit unit sales for AMG in its anniversary year with more than 130,000 cars sold (+33.0%).
WHAT IS ‘THE TORQUE’?
THE TORQUE is an independent platform dedicated to car reviews. Instead of judging a car based on one or two people’s opinions, THE TORQUE allows you to see what like-minded, real people, who actually own or regularly drive the cars have to say about them.
In addition, THE TORQUE team shares their own ‘lifestyle orientated’ and easy-to-understand reviews on selected cars. Combining the two, gives one the ability to make a truly informed purchasing decision on what the best car for you is. After all, buying a car is a big decision! Register today and tell SA what you love about your car!